I am currently offering Inner-Personal Theology, my unique process of coaching for personal improvement: motivation, stress reduction, spiritual weight loss, career guidance and inspiration.
I use telephone/email/Skype, in arrangements convenient for you — from a few individual consultations, to a customized program. As we are early in this New Year, I’d like to offer you a personal coaching package (including coaching sessions, and as a special gift – a copy of my DVD and book) at substantial discount.
My philosophy is simple: be fully yourself and fully alive, the wonderful person that God created you to be.
– monthly: 4 one-hour sessions, a free book and DVD
– two-week startup: two one-hour sessions, a free book or DVD
– individual consultations, as arranged.
Please tell me about yourself, your challenges, what you wish to accomplish, and the best time to reach you by telephone.
– I have enjoyed successfully working with hundreds of clients one-on-one and in workshops at churches, recreation centers and at Kripalu over the last 15 years.
– I’ve lost 150 pounds and maintained it almost 20 years by the grace of God and a lot of joyful work! I quit smoking cigarettes 25 years ago. Married for over 28 years, and raised two sons.
– Ph.D. in Theology and the Arts from Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York. Two masters degrees in philosophy (M.Phil.) and theology and the arts (M.A.) Many courses in psychology, worship and spiritual practice.
– Professor at New York University. Huffington Post columnist. Beliefnet.com daily column for over 10 years on spirituality, weight loss and well being.
– Author of several personal improvement DVD’s and books: Big Body Yoga: 30 Days to Spiritual Well Being, Spiritual Guide to Weight Loss (hosted by me and Susan Sarandon), The Joy of Weight Loss, Getting the Love You Want – DVD and PBS series (co-written with Dr. Harville Hendrix and Dr. Helen L. Hunt, and hosted by Oprah Winfrey). Most recently, Mysteries of the Jesus Prayer – book, DVD, CD and Study Guide.
Feedback from workshops and clients:
“This VASTLY exceeded my expectations… the presenter was first-rate. Norris quickly made the program comfortable for all of us…it progressed and I gradually opened up in ways I never had before. The most profound thing I am taking away is HOPE… after many years I have hope that I will be able to continue and persevere with this struggle.” — Tom, Engineer, New York.
“A 6 (above) excellent on a 5-point scale. An amazing balance of fun and playful, with serious content.” — Andrea. Vermont. Teacher/gardener/mother.
“Dr. Norris created an amazing environment for sharing and feedback, which was extremely supportive. Wonderful! Surpassed my expectations.” — Marion. New Mexico. Non-profit Executive Director.
“You have really helped me with my faith, my struggle with the church and how to reconcile my belief in God. Thank you, thank you, thank you.” — Pat. Pennsylvania. Retired Teacher.
*Important: Please consult your physician prior to making any changes or beginning any physical or emotional program. Dr. Chumley offers personal coaching, but is not a physician, psychologist, therapist, or psychotherapist.*